Friday, August 20, 2010

Windows Vista?

I am considering upgrading my operating system to Windows Vista. I am concerned with potential problems with some key programs and hardware. Specifically Adobe Photoshop CS2, Photoshop Elements 3.0, Pixel Ninja, Nortons SystemWorks 2006, and Call of Duty 2. As far as hardware is concerned my only real worries are with the Cannon i9900 wide carriage printer, and Spyder2 Pro colorimeter. I also have an HP 3320 printer that I use for basic utility printing. It is an inexpensive printer, so if it needs to be replaced it isn't a big deal. As far as internal hardware in the computer itself; I have no real concerns as it is quite new and up to date. If you can help with any of my concerns, it would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks a lot



Terry



Windows Vista?house call



Only one I don't know about is the HP printer, you'll have to check the HP website for updated drivers, but otherwise you have nothing to worry about, Cannon always have the best up-to-date drivers for all models (I have an i850 and MP600 (All-in-one) that work flawlessly (Even better actually, there's new printing screens in vista making quality/format selection easier, just take some getting used to). As for the programs, I have them all and I've been using them since Vista beta, no problems. I use Photoshop Studio, Flash and 3DS Max every day, no compatability or performance issues. All you need is a Direct X 9 or 10 compatible graphics card. The antivirus uses a bit more ram in my experience, but works the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment