Friday, August 20, 2010

Triumph Bonneville or Kawasaki W650? Why?

I may soon be on the hunt for one of the two bikes above. Much as I love the new Bonnie, I see that the Kwak is a lot cheaper second hand, looks more original (even has a kickstart as well as the electric start) and I've read some good reviews.



On the downside, the Kwak is down on power, but still up to the relaxed cruising and touring I need it for.



I still hanker after the Bonnie, but I reckon this might be more to do with the badge on the tank, rather than the bike itself!



So which should I go for, assuming I'm after a second hand, good condition low-miler?



Triumph Bonneville or Kawasaki W650? Why?network security



Which one would put the bigger smile on your face? By the sounds of it your head says Kwaka when your heart says Bonnie.



Always follow your heart.



Triumph Bonneville or Kawasaki W650? Why?norton internet security



hi its not a answer you like



i have a 1979 t140 (750 bonnie)



i still use it every day ,
Sounds like you're already sold on the rice burner. They're both cool retro bike.



Get the cheaper one...I bet it needs less maintenance.
I've wanted to get a W650 for some time also, but they are hard to come by since they were only made two years. They can also be expensive since most people love them and don't want to sell them. I chose to buy a yamaha XS650. They stopped making them in 83 but parts can be had cheap and since they made them for 13 years there are millions to be had. They have the kicker option and are dead reliable. They are also almost religiously loved by most owners.
Go with the triumph, my buddys dad has a fairly new bonneville 800 its an 03 i think . its a very nice bike i took a quick ride with him one day and that bike does have some balls and sounds wicked with an aftermarket set of pipes. He has no problems with it and got it fairly cheap
I was browsing these postings and came across your question. I can tell you from personal experience that the W650 is a good solid bike. I owned one of the first ever imported into the US. They do not leak. if this is important to you.. When properly tuned they will start on the 2nd or 3rd kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment