Monday, August 16, 2010

Norton System Works 2006 and Norton Security 2006 slowing my computer?

I think Norton 2006 is slowing down my computer. I had Norton 2005 and when I upgraded to 2006, all hell broke loose.



My computer, both my Dell Precision and Dell Latitude(both close to top of the line, and brand new) seems to be slow since I installed Noton 2006.



I've had major problem with Norton 2006 and my desk top. It messed up my system and I had to call Dell support to have my Windows XP Pro, clean installed.



Are anyone else having problems with Norton 2006 systems?



I'm planning on removing Norton 2006 and use bitdefender Antivirus Plus v10 on both my computers.



Do I still need a firewall or is the Windows firewall good enough?



Has anyone had good luck with bitdefender?



Do I still need some type of a systemworks? Defrag, go-back etc.?



What is wrong with the stupid Norton 2006? Earlier versions were better!



Norton System Works 2006 and Norton Security 2006 slowing my computer?virus



Norton is known to be a resource hog. Read the articles below [especially page 3]. Apparently, norton 2007 is slightly better but still eats up a lot of resources [see the updated article]



I've never used bitdefender myself and i havent come across many who have [or many who says its good - and i do go on a lot of techie sites] so i cannot comment.



I've personally used both norton internet security and systemworks and both are ok on my pc [it does depend on your own pc specs tho]. But i dont use it now as there are much lighter and better firewalls out there. One reason why i stopped using norton firewall was because soemthing kept on disabling the antivirus. So norton wasnt good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment