Friday, August 20, 2010

Triumph Bonnevilles. 1972 Meriden T140 or 2001 Hinckley T100?

Which would you go for? The origional iconic bike that defined an era of cafe racers in the late '60s and early '70s. The sort of bikes owned by the ''rockers'' in Quadrophenia. Lots of character that came with oil leaks and breakdowns, but also prestige and pride of ownership. Or the ''modern classic'' retro? Comes with all the reliability and ruggedness of a modern motorcycle, but somehow (despite the fact it looks very similar) lacks the character and rider/machine bond the origional created?

So Origional or modern replica?

At least both are British designed and built!

Triumph Bonnevilles. 1972 Meriden T140 or 2001 Hinckley T100?norton ghost

I certainly wouldn't want a Meriden T140, so of the two I'd have to plump for the 2001 Hinckley T100......even though I haven't seen or ridden one. It has to be better than the T140, just HAS to be. ( I think the pre unit construction Bonnies were the best, late 50's/early 60's)......... :-)

Triumph Bonnevilles. 1972 Meriden T140 or 2001 Hinckley T100?software

I own both vintage and modern motorcycles. There's something unique about pulling up to a group of riders on a vintage bike. Even die hard H-D enthusiasts come over and shoot the bull with you. Riding a vintage bike makes you appreciate modern machinery so much more on long rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment