Friday, August 20, 2010

Triumph Daytona 675 vs Kawasaki ZX6R -- Lowering seat height?

I am looking at these two bikes and am trying to decide which one I want more. I like both, but one concern is seat height. Both supposedly have very comparable heights (32 inches), but a friend told me that the Kawi can't be lowered except in the back and that lowering the Daytona is not a go.



This is contrary to what I was told by the dealers. My ideal riding height is a tiny bit lower than 32 so I am curious, is my friend right?



Triumph Daytona 675 vs Kawasaki ZX6R -- Lowering seat height?mcaffee



If you only need a couple of inches have the seat cut down. Resetting the suspension (Which should only be done by a trained mechanic) can cause other handling problems. When my girlfriend needed that couple of inches, we had an upholster take the cover off the seat, cut the foam and reuse the cover. Cost about 75 bucks and didn't change the bike or its handling. Goodluck



Triumph Daytona 675 vs Kawasaki ZX6R -- Lowering seat height?norton antivirus 2007



Suspension is adjustable .. so with the bike set low the seat may be lower than the 32 inches..



but you can always fit lowering blocks %26 slide the forks through the triple clamps to lower a bike..



If the forks cant be slid through the clamps then you may be able to get the springs shortened a little bit to lower the front..



WHERE THERES A WILL THERES A WAY..

No comments:

Post a Comment